Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mariners Blight Forgefiend Zoth-Ommog




“Something was creeping and creeping and waiting to be seen and felt and heard.” 
― H.P. Lovecraft




The summer is coming to a close and I've been feeling some more inspiration lately to finish up some lingering projects on the table.

As soon as the GW Mutalith Vortex Beast kit came out I knew I needed to do something with that tentacle mouth piece. It just fit in so perfectly with my Lovecraftian theme for this army. 

I made this beast by splicing together as many tentacle pieces I can find to the body of a Forgefiend and slapping that tentacled maw on the front of it. I added some Cryx legs in the back for a bit of a mechanical crab appearance. The base is from Secret Weapon Miniatures.














12 comments:

  1. That is a brilliant use of bits! Love all the little touches with the fins on the back and the crab-style legs. Really looking forward to seeing it painted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joel! You know me, I'm all about the details.

      Delete
  2. I get so jealous of the nightmares that Chaos armies can have running around. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, some good use of this ridiculous vortex beast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thing is awesome! What are the rear legs from? I need some of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found them on Horde Bits, they are from something Cryx.

      Delete
  5. Thanks guys for the compliments, feels good to be back in the saddle with Models.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoth-Ommog? ZOMG!

    Excellent Chaos lobster, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great way to get back in the saddle, man. That model is perfect down to the tiniest sea-themed details. I am really looking forward to where you go with the paintjob

    ReplyDelete